Originally released in Japan in 2019, the Digital Monster X virtual pet will finally be made available to fans abroad. It is currently scheduled for a July 15 release and comes in two shell colors: green & blue and white & blue.
April 30 update: New colors have been added to Amazon, Black & Red and Purple & Red! These colors are
How to order the Digital Monster X
Currently, Amazon has pre-orders open for both the green and blue Digital Monster X and the white and blue Digital Monster X. It is unknown whether other retailers will sell it after its July release. Below are our affiliate links:
- Green & blue Digital Monster X
- White & blue Digital Monster X
- Purple & red Digital Monster X
- Black & red Digital Monster X
Features of the Digital Monster X
Unlike the 20th anniversary Digimon virtual pets, the Digital Monster X has a few key benefits:
- Unique pixel art close-ups of Digimon during excellent attacks
- ‘Pause’ the device by turning the lights off during the day
- Adventure mode with about 30 areas
- Roster of X-antibody Digimon
- XAI system which affects the attack gauge’s speed which appears before battle
Difference from the Japanese devices
Because the shells are different, it is currently unknown what differences there will be (if any) between the US and Japanese releases. One issue that marred the original Digital Monster X devices in Japan were their dark screens and the limited roster of Digimon that could be raised. We expect the screen to be better with the US release.
Let us know if you’re excited to see the Digital Monster X pets be released outside of Japan and what you think of this new green shell!